Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Old & The New

In the midst of picking out accessories for today's outfit I noticed something that I hadn't previously. How the old & the new sometimes seem to not change.....

I decided to put on one of my new fabulous dresses that I bought at NY&Co during their recent sale! But Wait! This could use some fabulous accessories.


So, I pulled out a fabulous belt that actually belonged to my Great-Grandmother...it is one of my favorites. It appears to be silver coated plastic, but has held up amazing throughout the years!


Then I thought I would wear one of my favorite silver rings. What I didn't think about is how well they match! I purchased this silver ring last year at a Car Show (of all things)..it is a huge silver flower. I have seen similar ones at TJMaxx within the past 6 months though, in case anyone is interested.



I was thrilled to realize that these could be an almost matching pair. Of course they have their differences but I think they look amazing paired together!!

(photo courtesy of Linsey)

What do you think???

xoxo

~S~

3 comments:

  1. OHEMGEE!!! I love that you paired an old belt with a new ring!!! That fit is sooo well put together! Ps. I love your nails!
    -LG

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow girl! that belt is beautiful. such a gorgeous antique piece and I'm glad it has held up over time because it really is just beautiful. I want to see the whole outfit shot though! that blue color that you paired the silver accessories with looks fantastic! that ring is pure love as well. I am most definitely one for mixing new with old.

    thediscerningfashionista.blogspot.com
    enter the COACH give away this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ring is amazing! Love it as well as the belt. Great pairing...=]

    ReplyDelete